Feminism and law
Dean of the Faculty of Law and Administration University of Warsaw
Prof. dr hab. Tomasz Giaro
is pleased to announce call for abstracts
for the international conference
„Feminism and law”
The conference will take place on 23rd September 2021 (Thursday)
at the Faculty of Law and Administration University of Warsaw,
Collegium Iuridicum II at 4 Lipowa St. in Warsaw, rooms A3 and A2.
Conference fee for speakers is 200 PLN (or 50 EUR); there is no fee for passive participation.
The conference will take place in a hybrid format.
The primary aim of the conference is a follow-up of a feminist academic debate initiated during the conferences organized at the Faculty of Law and Administration University of Warsaw.
The goal of the present conference is the analysis of feminist ideas and postulates within both historical and comparative perspectives alongside their potential impact upon the formation of legal regulations. Hence, the event would be of an interdisciplinary character.
The suggested topics of the conference include, inter alia:
- The evolution of feminist ideas within the historical perspective
- Contemporary feminist ideas
- Feminism and human rights
- Feminism and good governance postulates
- Instruments supporting female participation (parities, quota systems)
- Maternity and parenthood rights
- The notion and evolution of reproductive rights
- Challenges of work-life balance
- Feminism and the division between the public and private sphere
- Feminism and ethics of care
- Contemporary criminal law and women’s rights
- Contemporary labour law and women’s rights
- The principle of equality between women and men
- Prohibition of discrimination and positive discrimination
- Feminism in canon law; new feminism.
The deadline for submitting abstracts (300-500 words): 31st August 2021
Decisions on proposals’ acceptance: 6th September 2021
Abstracts should be sent to the following mail addresses:
Post-conference publication is planned for the papers with positive evaluation reviews.